Sunday, September 8, 2013

“Falling” – *CurtsyGirl Mom Monday* Lip Looks from New York Fashion Week

Let me know what you are “Falling” for at CurtsyGirlsCBC@gmail.com.

Just in time for Fall! New York. Fashion. Week.

There are lots of looks I am in love with but the one I am most excited about is the “Strong Lip Look.”

I am a lip product junkie; most of the weight of my purse is comprised of glosses, lipsticks, and pencils to match. It is nearly sickening (don’t believe me? Check my blog on red lips and you will see this is a deep-seated delight for me). During the past week, I have spent more time dreaming about lipstick than I have nearly anything else (luckily my “Someone Special” understands). Have a quick look and you will understand why.

Want to join me? Check out just a few of my Instagram faves:

-Allure Magazine – I feel they gave some of the most delicious and “Real” pictures, even when they were a little gritty. I loved that!

-Charlotte Tilbury – Whew! Makeup as eye candy. Period. Also, she brings Maybelline back, and I can get behind that!

-Anne Keane – Ms. Keane is the Fashion Director for Lucky Magazine and she does her job (making me want to buy things) by taking stunning pics of really fun clothes and shoes. If I pooled all my income, I still could not afford most any pair of shoes she shares, but I can still dream!

-MAC Cosmetics – Do you really need to ask me why? It’s MAC; the holy grail of makeup (just below Chanel glosses)

Despite some of my high-end dream products, I love to recreate a lot of these looks (and make them more wearable), so try these easily attainable products!!

Brick Lip – The Strongest and most daring lip is a perennial fall favorite; this is reborn only by the fading toward the outside of the lip. Lip Pro Tip:  Apply once straight from the tube, blot once (on blotting paper or regular paper – not a tissue!), then reapply a second time with your finger tips ONLY to the inside of your pucker. Stay away from the outside of your lip line. This will also keep this dark shade from bleeding. I do not recommend lip liner for this one!
 

Cotton Candy Pink Lip – Make this look (below, on the right) more wearable with a gloss and bronzer. This look is a modern Barbie twist and brings a little whimsy for the more structured looks of Fall. To really add punch, take an unseasonal approach to a powder a touch darker than your skin tone. This adds focus to the lip.
 
Bright Orange Lip – An orange lip is a refreshing twist on the red-lip-look so use all of the same rules; focus on the lip and do not clutter the look with lots of other products. A dewy face, a touch of blush, a light wash of pearlescent shadow, big black lashes, and you are good to go!
 
Bold and Beautiful Pink Lip – This lips screams…so be ready to hear “Here comes [insert your name]’s lips. Be sure they are well conditioned, and moisturized BEFORE applying lip product. If you are overwhelmed on first application (try a lip brush on this to apply thin coats so you can work your way up), blot and add your favorite clear gloss until it looks more like a stain.

Red Lip – Refer back to my “Red Lip Lessons” blog for this look!

Here are a few of my favorite products to achieve the looks listed above.
-Brick Lip – Fresh Moroccan, MAC / Raisin, NYX Black Label
-Cotton Candy Pink Lip – Chandelier, NYX gloss / (not shown) Plink, MAC
-Bright Orange Lip – Rich Coral, Chanel / Sweet Nectar, Milani Color Statement
-Bold and Beautiful Pink Lip – Dont' Blink Pink, Wet n Wild / -Vivid Pink, LA Colors Hydrating Lipstick
-Red Lip – Certainly Red, Revlon / Eros, NYX Round Lipstick

*DON’T FORGET* The fresh twist on these lippy looks is the downplaying of the eyebrows. Do not make them completely disappear, but groom them well with eyebrow gel, and keep first things first! As always, with bold lips, keep a minimal blush and eye.
CurtsyGirls Character Challenge - Even the prettiest painted pout is useless without a smile! Smile and the world smiles back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment