Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer Hair - Keeping the Mane Thing, the Main Thing

Hair we go again!!

We are already seeing Summer heat here in North Carolina, so we are busy beating the heat by keeping our hair up.

It seems like such a little thing, but keeping our hair up does lots for us:
-It is proven that we can stay cooler just by getting our hair off of our necks!
-Our skin stays clearer when the oils from our hair do not make a mess of our face!
-Summer is the perfect time to pretty up with a pretty up-do, whether on the beach or out to eat!

I have a few to share from Prom that were pretty and pretty easy. All of these involved braids and lots of pins, but as you can tell from the pictures, you can easily tone down the formal feel by just using elastics.



We have found that a simple partial braid is quick, easy, and pretty. Tzippy likes her hair French braided only to the nape of her neck:


Whereas, I like to braid the front section of my hair and pull the rest up into a simple high bun:




Even if you like a more simple look with pins, or just like the look of a sleek pony tail, there are lots of bright hair accessories to be found that really finish the look. We thought Etsy had some fun options!

You can also find some fun and inexpensive options at Target, Wal-Mart, or your local drug store. Tzippy really liked these headbands, which she also likes to use as hair elastics (wrapping them several times really packs a punch of color):


Ask Mom and Dad, and have them send us pictures of your favorite upd-os (on you) and we will post them to share with others: CurtsyGirlsCBC@gmail.com

CurtsyGirls Character Challenge: Spend some time with your mother or grandmother trying new looks. That precious time will be full of memories that will last longer than even the best pinned up hair.

**Picture posted in memory of the woman that shared my morning make-up sessions and taught me the power of red lipstick: my grandmother, Helen Jernigan.**




2 comments:

  1. I would love for you to come to my house every morning and help braid my hair that pretty. I wish you would hold a class and teach us how to do that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would gladly give a class. I might make a video of simple braid looks.

    ReplyDelete