Tuesday, June 11, 2013

CurtsyGirls Room Makeover

Hello CurtsyGirls!!!

By now most of you are in full swing of summer. My CurtsyGirl is at the pool and with her friends most of her days. Write us and share your summer stories at CurtsyGirlsCBC@gmail.com

This weekend while, my little lady was off with her friends, I was asked to come help decorate for a dance and spend some time with two young ladies, who wanted some help with their hair and makeup.

I was so excited to decorate with my long-time friend and hang out with two new CurtsyGirls, but when I got to the hall we were decorating I had a sinking feeling. When I walked in, the room was painted brown and white, the room was full of white plastic tables, the curtains looked like they were brought over on a wagon pulled by a horse. You get where I am going here...

It was time for a makeover. Although this was a dance hall makeover, you can easily work with your parents to makeover your room while you are out this summer and have more time for inspiration!


After I got over the initial shock, I collected myself and got to work. My very sweet friend had already thought through the color scheme and picked out pink, black and white. We were going to transform this building and it was going to be lovely!

After the colors were picked it was time to have a little fun. There were feathers, vases filled with beads, flowers and ribbon. A dress form made of wrought iron, and other fun items that were all pink black and white. After that, we added just a touch of lime green. SO MUCH FUN!

We even replaced the curtains with new valances using simple swags of fabric knotted on each side. I only wish all of you were there to see me balancing myself up on a chair to get them hung. A huge thanks to, my sweet friend who helped me when things got a little tricky with that!
(*note: do not attempt this alone*)

There were a few hours of hard work, and lots of help from many hands, but when we were done, simple and inexpensive items really brightened up this old room into a room ready for the Girl Scout Father-Daughter dance!

This was a special day for lots of young ladies. A special word of thanks to the people who put their hearts and hands together to make such a special night take place. Also, thank you for letting me take part.

In short, makeovers become simple when you:
-Have a plan
-Pick your colors
-Find items to accessorize with that you love
-Clean the space well before you start
-Remove everything from the room that you can so you have a "blank canvas"
-Move furniture  to the desired location in the room
-Work with your parents to make sure you can achieve your vision
-HAVE FUN!

CurtsyGirls Character Challenge: Every day, we have an opportunity to work on an area of our life that could use a "makeover." I challenge you to look at your all the different areas of your life; your heart, your character, your life, your relationships, and more. Is there an area that could use a little work? Often, those areas do not need a complete makeover but just a little cleaning up. Think with me today about one positive change you can make to "makeover" one little area. After that, make sure you think about things you are doing REALLY well. Don't forget to compliment your area in that beautiful place in your life too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment