Wednesday, October 2, 2013

"Falling" - Make Memories


What’s up for Fall? You tell us!! CurtsyGirlsCBC@gmail.com

From the time I was twelve years old, my grandparents raised me. They loved me dearly, and by the time I lived with them, they got to show me by pouring into my life. Both my grandmother and grandfather were retired and had more time than most average parents. They gave me every bit of time I wanted…until Fall.
Every Fall my grandfather took my grandmother on a trip. This trip was only theirs. When they were both healthy enough, they travelled to Gatlinburg, TN. From where we lived, in the Sandhills of North Carolina, it was clear that trip was just to be together on a drive while the leaves were changing colors. It was also clear that trip belonged to just them. It was THEIR annual trip.



I love to find new memories and have traditions with my family. Try making some memories of your own with your family. If you can, turn them into annual traditions. Here are some fun seasonal memory-making activities:
-Trip to the pumpkin patch
-Seasonal decorating
-Hallelujah Night (Halloween Alternative) Party (for you and your family…or your friends…or even a block party if you can get your parents to host this event with you and a few other families)
-Pumpkin Pie Baking Contest
-Fall Treasure Hunt

These are just a few ideas, but I bet you can come up with some that are even better!

CurtsyGirls Character Challenge – Quality Time is my “Love Language” but might not be yours. Find out your love language HERE, and learn more about loving others the way they need to be loved!

0 comments:

Post a Comment