Thursday, August 8, 2013

Lessons from Nana: “Red Lip Training”


Share you lessons with us at CurtsyGirlsCBC@gmail.com.

Perhaps my grandmother began my obsession with lip products…I love them all. Here is a SMALL (and very partial) glimpse into just a few lip products I carry with me every day.

Very few gifts make me happier than a fresh, sparkly gloss or bright new lipstick. I like the all the differences of each one; vibrant shades, sweet scents, smooth and sticky consistencies. It began when I was little.

Every summer, even before I lived with my Nana, I would come for summer visits. If I was ever left alone for long enough, I would find my way to the “lipstick drawer,” where I would sneak through all of the neatly lined-up tubes of lipstick. Within that drawer was every shade of red lipstick, some more blue or orange, some were matte or pearl, but all of them were lovely. Although I regularly change my “regulars,” I always go back to some sort of red – especially when I want to feel pretty or strong.

**My Favorite Reds, in case you are wondering**
-When I want to feel strong (**Warning: This shade is not for sissies! Ask your mother before even applying**)
-For a soft fruity pucker with just enough shine
-A nice, buttery coral for my sweet CurtsyGirls
-A cherry I just cannot do without. I saved the best for last - !!!this one is actually my favorite!!!because it is so versatile. It can be blotted down to a soft stain or it can be built to a glossy finish. I am actually on my second one!
With red lip lessons, like these, perhaps you can understand my passion for cherry pucker!



-Red lips are as individual as the lady wearing the color.
-It takes time to find one you really love, but when you finally find it, you cannot do without it.

-Red lips are like life, some days are brighter than others – find a shade that fits!
-Red lips steal the show. Don’t distract anyone from their beauty with anything else flashy; not dark eyes, not flush cheeks. Focus.

-Be careful!!Every red is not for every age, start soft or you might end up looking like one of these chicks (scary)!

 CurstyGirls Character Challenge: Just like red…Be Individual. Figure out what you cannot live without. Find something good; no matter how dark the day. Focus! Now, get Mom to help you pick out a great red (or peach, or coral, or cherry) – just for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment