Wednesday, August 14, 2013

BTS – “First Things First”

Send us your back to school tips at CurtsygirlsCBC@gmail.com!!

Getting things in order is very important to me. I like to do all of my chores around the house before I go “play.” I like to prioritize the time I spend with others, so those closest to me know that I care. You get the point. So before I get into the sparkle of the new school year, I want to be sure to talk about the “School Supply List.”

MiniMe and I like to have a little fun with things like this. So we make a challenge out of it!

 Here is our basic list, issued by the school:
· 2 packs loose leaf paper
· 1 pack #2 pencils
· 1 highlighter
· Red pens
· 1 pack crayons
· 1 pack dividers
· 1 single subject spiral notebook (science lab)

       1)      Scour the house for any supplies left from last year! Just do it…you will feel like you are treasure hunting and always find something fun! I assure you!

       2)      When you shop, always find some fun versions of things…(glittery notebooks, fun colored pencils, neon notecards, etc.) These rarely cost more than the normal supplies, but are so. Much. More fun.

       3)      Make a project. Personalize, Personalize, Personalize. Think stickers, monograms, and custom covers!

 
Here are a few projects to try:
                                                               i.      Personalizing a notebook
                                                             ii.      Use these tips to monogram your book covers
 

 
4)      Lastly, pick up a few extra. Maybe you can make simple little back to school baskets for your new teachers (think hand sanitizer, tissue boxes, dry-erase markers, along with a “calgon” bubble bath packet). Think up fun and useful items they can use for their classrooms!

VOILA! Instant fun.

CurtsyGirls Character Challenge: Set a goal for grades this year and write that goal down. Post your goals in a place you can regularly see them, and hold yourself accountable to achieve great things by going above and beyond whenever you can!

0 comments:

Post a Comment