Thursday, September 19, 2013

"Falling" - Seeing Red

What’s up for Fall? You tell us!! CurtsyGirlsCBC@gmail.com

Those of you who know me well, or who have been reading the CurtsyGirls blog for a while, know that I love some red. I think red perks up nearly anything and can freshen up an outfit with just a splash of shoe, belt, or bangle.
 

This fall, red is everywhere you look. Here are a few looks from the CurtsyGirls Look book!

Red shoes come in all varieties...and we found them in an abundance; admittedly, flats are my faves (check H&M, Charlotte Russe, and Forever 21)!!
 
I also adore these simple flats. They are just plain fun. Wear them with ANYTHING!

OK, I am sneaking this in...because I can...but I loved this hoodie and with the changing of season, a transitional layering piece is always useful (and fun, in this case!). If you are not an NC State fan, find another layering piece like a sweater or cardigan. I found this at Victoria's Secret but I am sure you can find fun red hoodies all over!

Accessorize, Accessorize, Accessorize! Try these with Jeans and a white tee, a fall Maxi, or shorts with a scarf and sweater.



I have also been seeing a ton of red and black. While I do not feel like this has a lot of wearability (because you can really only wear this with black), I liked it so much, I would still buy it (at Charlotte Russe). Past sparkle, ruffles are certainly a favorite...and I have a lot of black in a base wardrobe!


CurtsyGirls Character Challenge: Fall is a season where leaves shed and things come away that once lived; it is a time where God strips off the old to make way for new life in the coming seasons. As we come into Fall I think on being “More than a conqueror” (Romans 8:37). Knowing I am a thriver, not just a survivor, means I have to live through seasons where there seems to be a great deal of loss without the immediate replenishing of life. Wait. Relax. After the changing of the leaves comes Winter, then Spring. Thrive! No matter the season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment