Wednesday, October 2, 2013

"Falling" - Nailed to the Fall


What’s up for Fall? You tell us!! CurtsyGirlsCBC@gmail.com

I am LOVING nail colors for Fall. There is something about the changing of the season that lets us do something new and different! Nail polish is easy to change and just takes a few minutes to apply, but I think you agree – our nails are an all new shade of pretty when they are painted.

I mostly feel prettier because taking those few minutes, alone, for myself, to do something nice to honor the hands God gave me, makes a world of difference. My love language is “Quality Time,” so taking time for myself reminds me that I am loveable…even to myself!

Lots of trends to cover here so I will stop blathering on about how much I love myself!

Gold Rush – This is what I have on my finger tips at the moment and I really love it. I just took a few minutes and left the color raw, with no topcoat (partially because I wanted to get on my by blogging, but mostly because the color I have on, has a rose gold fleck in it and when I paint a top coat over it, it disappears. I just like a simple wash of this color, like a dusting of gold!
Khaki / Taupe – These two colors make a disarmed beauty statement. Your nails get a glaze of neutral color, perfecting them versus making a statement with them. I really love these colors in early Fall when skin is still golden from the remnants of late beach trips. I can also really appreciate subdues nails when wearing clothes rich in color (to keep the "ratchet factor" to a minimum.
Cranberry – ‘Tis the season for ANYTHING Cranberry! This color shows up every Fall, but this season, you can brighten it up with a little sparkle!! Here is one from my collection, that always brightens up my day. Also, do not forget to use your creativity; make Mom’s dark burgundy colors more wearable for you by painting just one nail on each hand along with a complimentary (lighter color). FUN!


Orange – I am still on my orange kick and with Halloween just around the corner, there has never been a more seasonal time to rock some orange! Here is a cute nail look I think you might like!

CurtsyGirls Character Challenge – It is easy to take just a few minutes to paint your nails, to mix up a hot tea, to watch a new nail tutorial, but have you taken a few minutes for God lately? Can you commit to a few minutes a day with God? A half hour a few times a week? As the seasons change, so do our habits. Now is a great time to make a great new habit of taking time to pray and study the bible!

0 comments:

Post a Comment