Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Holy Blazes - Don’t forget the Sunscreen


We are in the no judgment zone here! We are, after all, on the heels of a pool-opening holiday weekend!

-I love to be in the sun!
-I enjoy cooling off at the pool (and especially the beach)!

-I feel prettier when I have a tan

BUT! Because I am starting to see the effects of sun on my skin, I am spending the extra minute to apply sunscreen when I am in the sun for extended periods of time. Don’t believe me? Check out *this video*about the harmful effects of spending too much time in the sun with no protection for your skin! I sure don't want my pretty little Curtsygirl to get hurt by the powerful rays of the sun!

So, use your sunscreen!

May is Melanoma (Skin Cancer) Awareness Month and Teen Vogue has a special article thatwill give you great information on staying safe in the sun. Because skin cancer is the second most common form of cancer for teens, this short acrticle is worth a read!
Still want a tan? Good news, You can fake it. With just an application of lotion (with self-tanner) after your bath or shower, you can quickly tan yourself with a natural color-without sun exposure at all! Here is one both of us enjoy.


Also, I have found that a dusting of bronzer of your nose and the apples of your cheeks can really brighten up your face and make you looks sweetly sunkissed. Ask Mom to show you how, or practice (with permission) with a great product that we have been using this year. We like Rimmel London Natural Bronzer (only $5 at Ulta, WHAT?!?) and find that it doesn't turn us an Oompa-Loompa shade of orange like some bronzers do.


CurtsyGirls Character Challenge: Just like staying out too long in the sun, when you have lots of time on your hands, it is easy to do things "too much" or "not enough." This summer, make a list of 3 (unhealthy/unhappy/unkind) things that you might do too much - make an list of (healthy/happy/kind) things to replace them with.

Share your thoughts with us at curtsygirlscbc@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment